Under the motto: “Here’s how easy 5 a day can taste!”, nutrition experts will provide information on those all-round talents, fruit and vegetables, tackle specific questions and distribute information / recipes for reading and cooking at home. Have your BMI measured and get advice on illnesses and intolerances caused by nutrition complete the extensive range of services on offer – and all for free.
Experiment with Lab4Food
Scientists, on your marks! Examine and experience fruit and vegetables! Interesting experiments and funny eatsperiments await you at our experiment table at FOOD MARKET HAMBURG Fun & excitement guaranteed – with no age limit!
Mini-chefs can gain their first experience in the kitchen with Hamburg’s apprentice chefs in front of the red kitchen truck belonging to the cooking club Gastronom and Trade School 11 for Catering and Nutrition. Whisk batter, prepare and cut fruit, make pancakes, learn to appreciate good food and take your first cooking tips home with you. “Homemade and freshly cooked” is the focus of the “have a go campaign”.
Bouncy castle, fork-lift truck driving, face painting*
While Mummy and Daddy are enjoying a feast, the little ones can let off steam in the bouncy castle. Skill is required when driving the mini fork-lifts: stack fruit and veg boxes like the market traders. And with a bright butterfly on their cheek or a pirate face, the little ones can join the feast with their personal styling.
* The supervision is only to ensure that the bouncy castle and the children’s corner run smoothly. As parents, please take care of your children yourselves!
Saturday, 5 and Sunday, 6 September 2020
Saturday 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
Sunday 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Day ticket € 5.00
Children up to 12 are free.
Tickets are valid for one entry on any day of the event. They become invalid as soon as you leave the wholesale market site.
We would respectfully point out that it is forbidden to bring dogs with you to the wholesale market site.
Arriving by car
You can reach Hamburg’s Fruit, Vegetable and Flower Wholesale Market by car via Amsinckstraße and Tor Nord (North Gate) (as far as Nagelsweg, next to the Shell petrol station – please set satnav to Amsinckstraße 60).
Pedestrians can also reach the Food Market via this gate. The West Gate in Bankstraße is only open to pedestrians.
Arriving by public transport
- U-Bahn (U1) – Steinstraße stop, path leading to the Wholesale Market: approx. 15 minutes
- S-Bahn (S3 + S31) – Hammerbrook stop, path leading to the Wholesale Market: approx. 15 minutes (along the canal)
- Bus lines 3, 120, 124 and Express Bus 34 – Lippeltstraße stop, path leading to the Wholesale Market: approx. 8 minutes
- You can obtain a personalised route planner with your destination (West Gate) here: