NETWORKED THROUGHOUT GERMANY: GFI
Representing common interests, exploiting synergies: This is the idea behind Gemeinschaft zur Förderung der Interessen deutscher Frischemärkte e.V. (GFI) [Business Development Association of Germany’s fresh food markets].
The GFI was set up in 2000 as the marketing association for German wholesale markets, and restructured in 2010. Retail markets were now also admitted, and the tasks of the association were more broadly defined. The association sees itself as a partner network which offers its members broad, institutionalised knowledge transfer on central questions of trade management, organises joint presentation platforms — such as the collective stand at Fruit Logistica or the website www.frischemaerkte.org — and supports collaborations with domestic and international producers.
- The umbrella association of the most important fresh food markets in Germany
- Promoting dialogue on a national level
- Swapping experience and transferring knowledge on central questions of trade marketing
- Central point of contact for collaborations
- and marketing measures across the country
- Collective stand at Fruit Logistica
EXCHANGE ACROSS ALL BORDERS: WUWM
The World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) came into existence in 1955 as a non-profit organisation.
As an international umbrella association, WUWM unites the most important fresh food centres in the world and promotes a reciprocal exchange of best practices The association informs and inspires through congresses, meetings, reports and studies, helps in setting up, organising, managing and refining markets and supports its members with targeted lobby work. At official WUWM conferences, those in senior positions discuss current developments in the course of presentations and panel discussions with first-class panelists. Currently, there is lively interest to be seen from the so-called BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa). Hamburg’s wholesale market plays an active role in the work of the association as a member of the WUWM’s management body, the Board of Directors.
- International umbrella association of wholesale markets
- Over 200 members from 42 countries
- Promotion of dialogue between members through congresses, meetings, reports and studies
- Technical support in setting up, managing and expanding markets lobby work